Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Living in a Baseball Park


It's getting near the end of summer. I love this time of year, because the race is on, to see which baseball team can get into the post season. This is when I start checking the standings every day, to see who's inching their way closer and closer to the World Series.

Since 2006, my family and I have been been visiting ballparks. This past July, we visited the new Target Field in Minneapolis. Wow! It's so beautiful! Prior to this, I'd been to Petco Field, Dodger Stadium, visited the Oakland A's, the Giants and the Mariners on the west coast. On the East Coast, I've been to Fenway Park, and the old Shea Stadium. I'm from Chicago, so of course I've been to US Cellular Field and Wrigley. And I love to day-trip to Miller Park in Milwaukee, so we've been there, too. I've also been to see the Tampa Bay Rays play and the Toronto Blue Jays.

I would have to say my all-time favorite place is Fenway in Boston. It's old and new all in one. I love that it's preserved and well taken care of and it just feels historic and beautiful to be there. Target Field is my 2nd favorite. It was friendly and just really nice. Plus they have this big gold glove (check out the picture above). I love Miller Park because they have a dome. You never have to worry about the rain when you go there.

I love ballpark food. US Cellular has the best hot dogs! In Seattle, you can get chocolate covered strawberries on a stick and in San Francisco, they have garlic fries. Milwaukee has great cheeseburgers.

In Toronto, we stayed at the hotel that is attached to the stadium. You just head out the lobby, around the corner and down the stairs and you're there. A baseball fan's dream.

This time of year, I have a hard time concentrating on anything other than baseball. I'd like to ditch work and my chores and go sit in a ballpark every night. In fact, I'd love to move into a skybox at Fenway, turn it into my apartment and be available for the rest of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment