Saturday, June 6, 2009

Medicine in the Mail

This week I came down with the flu. On top of feeling crappy, I became quite crabby. I hate being sick! So it was perfect timing to get some good mail. Two days into the flu, I received a paperback version of my soon-to-be-published book, which is called an advance reader copy, or an ARC. It really cheered me up!

The ARC is my last chance to proofread and edit it in preparation for its release as a hardcover on September 28, 2009.

It's a strange and wonderful thing to hold a book I wrote! I LOVE the cover. I've posted it to share with all of you. (scroll down to view it). My publisher said that last week at the Book Expo, they received a lot of compliments on it.

The illustrator is Michael Morgenstern. If you have time, check out his work at http://www.mmorgenstern.com/ His art is amazing!

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment